Q1. Where and how are the Anuschka™ handbags made?
Anuschka™ bags are designed in the USA by our mother-son design team- Bhaskar and Roma. They are made in our family owned workshop in India. Every Anuschka™ accessory is hand cut and stitched from high grade leather and then sketched and individually hand painted all over. Every handbag goes through multiple stages of checking by our quality team to ensure that the art is perfect. A family member does a final review of every bag before it is labeled and packed.
Q2. Are the Anuschka™ bags made of soft or stiff leather?
Anuschka™ handbags are made of soft cow nappa which is specially treated to work like a canvas for Anuschka™ art.
Q3. How do I care for my Anuschka™ purse?
Please keep your Anuschka™ accessory protected from rain and snow. It needs to be treated like any other high grade leather accessory. If your hand painted Anuschka™ bag requires cleaning, use a slightly damp cloth to gently wipe over the painted areas. You may also use the Anuschka™ Leather Protector which is a non-silicon based spray which has been specially developed to preserve the rich colors and the suppleness of the leather. Please do not use any chemicals or cleaning solutions- it will void your warranty!
Important: For California Residents : California Proposition 65
California Proposition 65 requires special product labeling for products containing certain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm if the product will expose the consumer to such chemicals. Lead levels in these products comply with FDA standards and are often less than common household items like electronics and even door knobs. California requires the following separate notice:
Prop 65 Warning: This product may contain lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.
Q4. How well does the painted area hold up? Does it wear off easily?
Anuschka™ handbags age gracefully like good wine - they become vintage works of wearable art. With regular use the leather matures to feel even softer and develops a natural look like an old bomber jacket.
Q5. How do I care for my Anuschka™ handbag if it gets wet?
The paint will not run if you get caught in the rain. Please do not let rain drops or snowflakes settle on the leather. Wipe it gently with a clean, soft cloth. Please do not spray any chemicals to waterproof your Anuschka™. Anuschka™ does not guarantee the condition of your wearable art handbag after any unauthorized solution has been sprayed or applied to its painted surface.
Q6. How can I remove stains from my Anuschka™ handbag?
Given the delicate nature of the painting, we do not recommend using any chemicals to treat stains on the painted surface. Any such use may void your warranty.
Q7. Can I get my Anuschka™ refurbished?
We currently do not offer refurbishment of used handbags in our workshop.
Q8. What is the Anuschka™ warranty policy?
All regular Anuschka™ items have a limited warranty for one year for any manufacturing defects. Sale items are covered under a limited warranty for 30 days. You will need your original receipt for any warranty claims. For more details, please see our Terms and Conditions.
Q9. How is Anuschka™ different from any other hand painted accessories in the market?
Anuschka™ is the only family owned, designed and manufactured hand painted handbag in the business and is able to offer unique fashion and unrivaled quality at an incredible value. We are the premier, original hand painted brand of hand painted accessories available at select boutiques and shoe stores across over 20 countries. Each Anuschka™ is hand cut and crafted from fine leather then individually painted, not by professional artists but by young men and women who have been trained by us and enjoy the benefits of our fair trade policies.
High grade leather, signature lining, branded zippers, original art, years of experience and excellent quality distinguish us from the counterfeits. Even today, a family member does a final check of every bag before signing it.
Q10. How can I avoid buying a knockoff?
- When shopping online, buy directly from www.anuschkaleather.com or one of our authorized e-retailers. If your Anuschka™ is not purchased at an authorized reseller, the warranty is voided.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if a store is an authorized Anuschka™ reseller. You can also email us to find an authorized store near you.
- Feel the leather. If it is soft, supple and feels luxurious, it’s probably an authentic Anuschka™!
- You will find a leather tag stitched to the lining of the bag with the Anuschka™ logo.
- The quality of Anuschka™ art is a great way to tell if the product is genuine. The colors should be rich and vibrant- a testament to the hours spent on carefully painting the bag in multiple layers.
- Each original Anuschka™ is signed by a member of the family. Look out for the signature.
- All Anuschka™ accessories come with signature lining, an Anuschka™ leather tag inside, branded YKK zippers and a care bag.
- For latest information on avoiding counterfeit merchandize, please visit our Counterfeit Warning page.